Saturday, April 1, 2017

Too Heartbroken to Write

I honestly have not felt like writing anything since my beloved dachshund, Leelee the contented dachshund had passed away.  I never thought losing a dog could hurt so much.  There truly is a reason why dogs are called fur babies.  Dogs become our children.  When we lose a dog, it is like losing one of our children.  The sad thing about this is that only pet owners will understand what you are going through and be sympathetic.

Leelee the contented dachshund was a part my family, and she was a huge part of my soul.  While everyone was hit hard by her death, it seemed to be hardest on me.  I can not fully explain the reasons why.  Maybe, it was because the last month of her life I could care of her.


She was a rescue dog and was abandoned many times.  I refused to leave her side.  She was a strong fight and lasted much longer than the vets thought she would.  They said she was living on pure love at the end.

Leelee deserved to died the way she did.  She passed at her home in my arms; she was surrounded by people who loved her.  She left this world with a smile on her face.

I have many happy memories of Leelee, the contented dachshund.  I am very blessed to say that she was a part of my family and my life.  She was one dog that will be greatly missed.  She was a strong dog with a strong heart.


I honestly can not say if I will be doing much writing online in the future, I still have not made up my mine.  I do plan on working on my novels.  If I do continue to wrote online it will be for me and more of a journal than a blog.  The Contented dachshund is a memorial to one of the greatest dogs that I have ever known Leelee.

I have been searching for another dachshund, not that I have found one as of yet.  Maybe, if I do this blog will be a journal of that dog's life as well.  Only time will tell.

photos and content by Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie  ©2017 all right reserved

2 comments:

Martha DeMeo said...

Brenda, I'm so sorry you have so much heartache but I can sympathize with you. When we lost our 16 year old Sheltie, I was heartbroken. That was in 2003 and there's not a day that I still don't think of my sweet Shellie. The one thing that helps me get through without her is to know that she is no longer in pain. I hope one day you will be able to come back to your blog buy we have to do things in our own timing. Hugs and love to you. 💖

LadyNightwaveBrendaMarie Writer said...

Thank-you Martha. We saved Leelee and extended her life. We almost lost her the first winter we had her. I was blessed to have her in my life. I know in my heart she is in Heaven. And, no longer in pain. I also realize that only a new dog will help heal that pain.

Post a Comment