Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Older Dogs Need Love




    Older dogs need love. Many of you know, that I have adopted an older dog. Leelee was about nine years old when she joined my family. Leelee has brought so much love and joy into our lives. I can't imagine life without her. But, Leelee is one of the lucky older dogs who has found a forever home.
    It is heartbreaking to think about all of the older shelter dogs out there who will never find a forever home. I wish I could adopt all of them. I read an article that stated only 10% of dogs over the age three ever find a forever home. The rest of them die in an animal shelter. This breaks my heart.
    I wish I had the money to open up an older dogs home where I would take in older dogs from shelters. I would give them a loving home. I am sure; I am not the only person who feels this way. I just wish I could do more for these poor dogs.
    If you are thinking about getting a dog, please get a dog from a shelter. Think of all the love and joy that Leelee has giving my family. Adopt an older dog because older dogs need love, and they give so much back.
    Content and photos by Brenda Marie Fluharty Clapp ©2016 all right reserved

    No comments:

    Post a Comment