Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Nothing Like a Rescue Dog!

Nothing Like a Rescue Dog!
There is nothing more heartwarming than adopting a rescue dog. Well, that is to me there is nothing more heartwarming. Six years ago, we got a new member to our family. We rescue a dachshund named Leelee. Leelee was not the youngest dog. She was older than what the people told me she was but, that didn't matter. I fell in love with her the moment I saw her.
Leelee, the Dog No One Wanted!



Leelee had been returned to the shelter severals times before my family adopted her. She wasn't in the greatest health when we got her. She had been over breed and had many cysts on her belly. I was told, she was four, but she was almost ten when I got her. Maybe, that was why she was returned so many times.
Once I got Leelee, I took her to the vet. I found out just how bad of a life this poor little dachshund had, had. The vet told, me that, at one time her tail had been broken, and she had, had cracked ribs. I felt, so bad for everything this poor little dachshund had gone through.
Leelee the Contented Dachshund



You will all be happy to know, that I have had Leelee for six years. She is very happy and well taken care of, now. Since she joined my family, it is like she has had a second life. She has learned how to play and acts like a puppy sometimes. She is spoiled and loved very much. She gets lots of attentions. She is now the little princess she was meant to be. I am so happy that Leelee is apart of my family. I hate to think what may have happened to her if we wouldn't have adopted her when we did. There is nothing that brings me greater joy than seeing Leelee and my son playing together. She has brought great happiness to my family. There is nothing like a rescue dog.
Photos and Content by Brenda Marie Fluharty Clapp ©2016 all right reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment