Monday, January 30, 2017

Spoiled Little Dachshund I love You

A Poem for Leelee the Contented Dachshund



I wrote this poem for Leelee the Contented Dachshund shortly after I found out she had cancer.

Spoiled Little Dachshund I love You



Spoiled little dachshund I love you.
From the moment I saw you, my love was true.
You have brought great joy right from the start.
You have become a big part of my heart.

The six years that we have been together flew by
Like the biggest eagles in the sky.
I do not know what I will do when you are no longer by my side.
To have rescued you bring me great pride.
I know that everything that lives must someday die.


When I found out your true age, I know our time was even more limited.  I could not bare to hear that cancer had taken over you and there is nothing that anyone can do.

I thank God for every day that he lets you stay.
Even though,  I know that the end is near.
I still pray that God lets you stay just a little longer.

The pain that you are in, you hide because you have wolf pride.
When the end does come to you my sweet friend, know that I will be by your side.  It will be hard for me to let you go but, I will know, that it will be the best thing for you to be by God's side.

So, I will cherish every moment I have with you up until the very end.
And, I will thank God for every day that got to spend together, forever.
You will be indeed the little angel I always said that you were.

photos and content by Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie  ©2017 all right reserved


1 comment:

Post a Comment