Saturday, July 23, 2016

Daughter Like Father, Dachshund Lover

Daughter Like Father, Dachshund Lover


We always had a dog or two when I was growing up. My father's favorite breed of dog was the dachshund, I guess that is where I get it from.  Actually, the dachshund breed, if you read the traits of the dachshund, wouldn't be the breed I would pick.  Dachshunds are barkers and very stubborn dogs.  They are not the best of breeds to have around child.  But, dogs don't always follow, what the breed is.  My dachshund Leelee hardly ever barks.  She loves little kids.  She is more like a basset hound than a dachshund.  It really wasn't until after I had Leelee that I fell in love with the breed.  Dachshunds are small dogs and I had a dachshund when I was little that was why  I got a dachshund.


Young Dachshund Lover


I had wonderful childhood memories of one of the dachshunds; I had as a child.  Her name was BJ.  My father named her after my mother, Barbra Jean. BJ was a great dog.  I could make her howl very loud and I loved that I was the only one who could do that. BJ loved people and was a very laid-back dog.  She would let me carry her around all the time.  I really do miss BJ.

My father had a thing for dachshunds because his father had one.  His father used the dachshunds when he went hunting.  Dachshunds are great for hunting from what I understand.  I guess, my father liked dachshunds because he had them when he was little, as well.  Daughter like father, when it comes to loving the dachshund breed.


 Photo by Lady Nightwave (Brenda Marie)©2016 all right reserved
Content byLady Nightwave (Brenda Marie) ©2016 all right reserved







No comments:

Post a Comment